- Is the jitter measuring instrument that accurately measures jitter characteristics at Standard Telecom, FEC, and the latest OTN 10.709 Gb/s data rates
- Fully conforms to the jitter specifications standardized by ITU-T O.172 and Bellcore (now Telcordia) for measuring instruments
- Offers the required jitter bandwidth of up to 80 MHz on jitter generation and measurement, as well as up to a maximum of 3200 UIp-p jitter modulation amplitude for testing at 10Gb/s and FEC rates.
- The jitter signal generation and measuring functions of the MP1777A permit highly accurate evaluation of jitter characteristics such as Jitter Tolerance, Jitter Transfer, and Output Jitter, which are widely used for the quality evaluation of transmission equipment and optical modules used in high-speed digital transmission systems
- Besides the standard OC-48/STM-16, OC-96/STM-32, and OC-192/STM-64 rates, jitter measurement is also supported at various FEC rates adopted by optical submarine transmission systems
- Its high sensitivity input (option) allows the jitter measurement of input signals with amplitudes as low as 150mVp-p